Thursday, June 12, 2008

Randomness...

Nothing too major has been going on, but I did want to have at least one blog update this week, so I just decided to post some of the different pictures I have made recently. First, due to the sweltering heat, we have really been taking advantage of the pool. Thank goodness Cade loves the water, because it is about the only way I can bear to be outside for too long. Last Saturday we made a trip to the pool with the Crockett triplets. All of the babies did great, and Ian Thomas and Campbell were so relaxed that they even fell asleep in their floats. I am sure that our group was a sight to see:






Also last Saturday, Heath and I went to the 25th Phoenix Ball, which benefits Cumberland University. Last year was the first time we had ever been, but I was still really sleep deprived thanks to having a ten week old. This year, we had some great babysitters (Thanks Aunt Debi, Houston, Elliot and Jim!), and were able to stay out later and enjoy ourselves a bit more. This is the only picture I took of the two of us (sad, I know), but I had to post it since we probably won't attend another black tie function until next year's ball:

This picture makes me laugh. For some reason, Cade really loves Mickey Mouse, and especially enjoys the "Hot Dog Song" at the end of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (he pays absolutely no attention to the show until the very end when that song comes on). Heath's friend Scott and his wife Kristy sent this get up to Cade for his birthday, and he loves it!


Cade usually takes a while to get to sleep, especially for naps. I guess he was extra tired one day, because I was checking my emails and realized that he was being really quiet. I looked over to see this. I was scared to wake him, so he slept like that for over two hours!
Finally, for all of you Nashvillians: you MUST try Gigi's cupcakes. It is a cupcake bakery located on Broadway and is absolutely delicious! She does different flavors everyday, but if you ask me, they all look like a piece of heaven! This is what Heath brought home on Tuesday:





Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!




4 comments:

chesley said...

You just gave me a serious cupcake craving!! Grant loves the Hot Dog song too. It's a catchy little tune if I do say so myself!

ANGIE said...

Cade loves Micky just like his cousin Angie!! So sweet!!! Love to all of you... Miss ya, Angie

Owings Family said...

Believe me, I understand letting a sleeping baby lie where they fall! :) Too cute!

lyla said...

those cupcakes ARE INCREDIBLE! i had one at the hospital when hollis (lilly's new little cousin) was born. you made me want some! love the picture of cade with the mouse ears--it is so funny! also hilarious that he fell asleep like that on the floor. i'm jealous you guys got to dress up and go to something for grown-ups! i haven't gotten to dress up since our formals in college. you both looked great!