Monday, December 15, 2008

An early White Christmas!

On Thursday night, we had an unseasonably early snow. In fact, the snow came in so quickly here, that I did not realize it was even snowing until Mom called and said that she heard it was snowing in Middle Tennessee. I assured her that I had just been outside a little over an hour ago and it was just raining. To my suprise, we looked out the window and the ground was already covered! Cade was so excited and kept saying "Snow everywhere!" It was a really wet snow, and the flakes were huge. By Fridayt morning at our house, we had about two inches total, but the Thornes (who live about 15 minutes away) had four inches on their farm. Weird weather... Cade really loved playing in the snow. Here are some pictures from Friday morning. Unfortunately, most of it was gone by the afternoon.:(
In his Rudolph hat and snowsuit


The only thing we could find to make a sled:)











Thursday night as the snow was falling...so pretty!


**We took all of these pictures with our "Christmas present," a new Nikon. If you know Heath very well, then you know he gets too excited about certain presents to wait:), especially when you have something as exciting as a first winter snow to take pictures of!**





Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the sled and the hat is SWEET! I think Cade will love the small gift I got him...we had our first big snow here over the last few days. Not sure how much we got but I finally drove in it! I did much better than I thought I would. You all will have to bring Cade out here for some winter weather...the snow gets taller than him in some places. THREE MORE DAYS! I will see you all Sunday. Love yall and can't wait to see you soon...
Lacy