Sunday, June 14, 2009

A whole week already???

I feel like we just got home from the hospital, and now a whole week has passed! It is crazy how fast time goes by when you have a second baby! Mom stayed most of last week to help (thank you Nana- we miss you already!) I think my true test starts tomorrow when Heath is back at work full time!
We have had fun this week getting to know Miss Emmy. She is such a sweet baby, and is pretty content most of the time (but when she gets too hungry, she lets you know quick!). Sleep wise, we are a little tired, but at least I knew what to expect this time around. She eats frequently during the day, but usually does get out a good 3-4 hour stretch at night, which I know is pretty normal for a newborn. It is not too bad to me because 1.) I did not sleep well at all by the end of my pregnancy, so I was used to it and 2.) Cade was up eating more frequently at night when I first brought him home, which left me feeling like a zombie.
Thanks for all the well wishes, we are really enjoying our little princess!

She is so long and skinny!






Photobucket

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

She is so beautiful!!!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

She's really cute Kelly! I suppose I'll get over it when I have one, but that whole belly button/cord thing still freaks me out.

Ellis Island said...

Kelly, she really is beautiful!! and Long!! How funny! I hope you are getting some cat naps in!

Jamie said...

She's so sweet...Good Luck by yourself it takes some time to adjust but it gets better...

Angie said...

So precious. If you get stir crazy, you can always pack up and come over...Sophie would love to play with Cade!

lyla said...

she is so pretty! i can't wait to see her :)

~ Kaybe ~ said...

congrats on the new addition! she is beautiful :)