Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Vols and a New Year!


We did not have any big plans between Christmas a New Years' but to rest and play, play, play with our new stuff:) Then, at the last minute, Heath scored some great tickets to the Music City Bowl and went with his grandfather (who truly is the biggest Vols fan I know. Over 80 years old and still goes to almost every home game. Makes me proud:)

The kids and I decided that since the Vols were playing in Music City, we needed to rock out our orange and white one more time until next football season. Then I decided to try to have a little photo shoot...results below:

Emmy seemed up for it at first



Let's try holding hands...
This is pretty typical of Cade anytime I try to get his picture these days:)


Ok, just hug your sister. Maybe that will be better. Or maybe not...


Sitting on the floor together...even worse!



Mommy gives up:)


On New Years Day, we were taking our tree down. Everything had been put in the attic when Heath went to come back out. Then I heard a crash. He had stepped down between one of the beams. Right over my stove where my lucky black eyed peas had been simmering all morning. There was Insulation "fuzz" everywhere in my kitchen- boo! But thankfully, the lid was on tight, so we ate our peas quickly in hopes that our 2011 would get better:)
Cade keeps asking Daddy why he "broke the house."

Anybody spy someone above? Ha! I only wish that I could have gotten a picture of his leg hanging out Clark Griswald style!

5 comments:

Kelli Kegley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli Kegley said...

Ha! That picture of Cade posing all John Travolta style cracks me up!

Brandi said...

oh my, Bryan did the same thing in our house in GA...except the hole was in our garage not the kitchen...thank goodness it didnt get into your peas. :) lol
also glad to see yall had a good holiday season.

Kristin said...

Love the camo pants with the UT jersey! I probably would have been laughing for days if John had fallen through the ceiling! LOL

Kendra Edwards said...

This happened at my house December before last. Antonio was getting the tree out of the attic, slipped, fell, hit his butt on a beam while putting his foot through the ceiling. His bottom was swollen and bruised for over a week. I only started laughing after I knew for sure that he was okay. And then I mostly couldn't stop laughing! Apparently this happens to everyone at least once in each house they own. I never knew how common it was until it happened to us.