Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Adventures in Grocery Shopping...

I took Cade to Publix yesterday afternoon. As you know, Cade is a BIG baby, and is in fact too big to fit in one of the buggies that has the baby seat on it, but he doesn't really like to sit in a regular cart either. So I decided to go out on a limb and try to strap him into one of those big carts that looks like a race car. He immediately loved it, but I had no idea what a pain that thing would be! First of all, it is the size of a small semi truck and weighs about as much. Second, I don't know if ours was faulty or what, but the front wheels barely touched the groud, making it nearly impossible to steer. I am sure we were a sight to see. I almost knocked over two Thanksgiving displays, and would have to get a running start in order to turn the corner at the end of an aisle. I am suprised that poor Cade was not motion sick by the end. He just grinned and laughed the whole way (while "steering" us around with the steering wheel). People were even stopping us to comment on what a great time he was having. Meanwhile, my back felt like it was broken from the weight of the monster cart. But Cade did not cry the whole trip, and I was able to get all the groceries I needed. Worth it? I think so!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I heard about from Aunt Gin Gin was about how the Cutest Baby in the World came to her house yesterday! I can't wait to see him! Maybe we can all get together for our birthdays???
Love,
Cousin Ginna

lyla said...

those buggies are ALL like that! get used to it--they are miserable! i am so glad i found your blog! i didn't know you had one--you left a comment the other day and i didn't know if it was from you or from jon's brother's girlfriend! your blog is precious & all the pics of cade are sooo cute--he is getting so big! i can't believe how busy you guys have been. i love that cade had a roll tide halloween outfit- ha!