Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...

That's what Baby Thorne is made of! Yes, it's a GIRL! We had our 20 week ultrasound today. I think that Heath and I were both shocked, as I was really feeling the boy vibes this week. But when the ultrasound tech got in the "region," it was pretty obvious that it was a sweet little girl. We are, of course thrilled, and especially glad that everything seemed to measure on time and healthy. Oh, how blessed we are! And at least now I won't be out numbered...Here are a few comments made by my loving husband after we found out it was a girl:
1. "I guess I will need a second job to pay for all the new clothes:)"
2. "I might as well stop and buy a can of pink paint on the way home."
3. My personal fave- "This means that you will probably not be the princess anymore."- ha!
So we are halfway there and super excited. Thanks to everyone for all the love, support and prayers!


3D View
Profile



I can't help but get visions of our future mother daughter outfits (kidding...I think:)




And of course she will need one of these (it is hard to read, but it says "Phi Mu Wannabe";):








Photobucket

19 comments:

carrie helle curry said...

cade is already the cutest thing ever...cant even imagine how cute this little girl will be!
congratulations to you both! now cade and eva and double date with their siblings:)

chesley said...

Yay!! I was just thinking about you! Congratulations. It's so fun dressing a girl after having a boy!

Lindsey said...

Oh Kelly I am SOO excited! Man I am already thinking about how spoiled this child will be ha! Good thing God gave you a boy for your first one and now you know just exactly what you need. all the rest can be spent on clothes and bows :) This little Phi Mu girl will of course be in ALL pink ALWAYS! precious, just precious :)

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

Yeah!! Again, I'm so excited and YES, you can name her Jenn. I'm totally flattered that you would ask!! ;) Love you.

Wendy and Brad said...

I think that she looks like Aunt Wendy! Haha!! We are SOOOOO excited!! Brad asked if we could go shopping for her tonight!

The Clifton Family said...

Wow... I am thrilled for you guys. I can't imagine what Heath has in store. At least he has Cade to keep your house from being too "princess-like!" I can't wait to meet her! NAMES... we need NAMES!

Angie said...

Congats!!!! I am so excited for you guys....girls are soooo fun!

Travis and Kayla said...

Yay! Girls everywhere! I know she will be beautiful. I am glad I got to meet Cade this past weekend. He is such a cutie and I think Eva's new man! =)

Courtney said...

Yeaaaaa! Aren't you so excited! We can both be thinking pink now! Congratulations!!!

Jamie said...

Congratulations!!!! I know a girl will be so much fun to dress...We will be broke if we have ever have a girl....

Allison said...

Congrats! Mom called me last night to tell me :) You will have so much fun! I love buying pink whenever I can for all the little girls of my friends and can't wait to for you! It will be blue and green forever with us - 2 boys is all we can handle! HA!

lyla said...

i was so excited when i got your text!!! you will love having a girl to dress and shop for! lilly and mamie can't wait to meet her!!!

Brandi said...

Oh Kelly!! YAY! Congrats on the Baby Girl Thorne!! You will love dressing her and fixing her hair! Girls are SO much fun!! God gave One of each, thats Great! :-)

The White Family said...

Perfect!!! A girl and a boy! I love the "wannabe phi mu" shirt! Paisley has the "Future IIKA dreamgirl" shirt. Of course Steve and Cindy got that one! Congrats to you guys! I'm sure Cade will love having a little sister!!!

Kristin said...

YEAH! So glad to hear there will be more girls around, with yours and Charlie Joe, the girls won't be outnumbered anymore! So happy to hear everything is going well!

Owings Family said...

Congrats! Heath has no idea how this little girl is going to rock his world! Can't wait!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

congrats on the girl! I'm sure you'll wear matching outfits. I've never thought otherwise:)

The Ralph's said...

Congrats Kelly, Heath and big brother Cade!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you have a healthy baby girl on the way!