Friday, January 15, 2010

Relief for Haiti




I sat here with tears in my eyes watching a doctor help a two week old baby who had gotten a head injury in the earthquake. His mother had been killed. If you have watched anything on the news, then you know how sad and devastating the whole situation is. Haiti is the poorest county in the entire western hemisphere. Nearly HALF of its population is made up of children. It is reported that up to two million children have been orphaned or separated from their parents. This just breaks my heart. I wish I could go down there and help these people! I figured that the least I could do was make a contribution that would help get food, water and supplies down there. I personally donated through a Nashville based organization called Healing Hands International. It is a first responder to disasters like this, and is run by a wonderful man, Dr. Randy Steger, who goes to my church. They take donations via PayPal, so it takes less than five minutes.

Another superfast way to donate is to text "Haiti" to 90999. This will automatically donate $10 to the American Red Cross. It will appear on your next cell phone statement. Compassion is also an organization that helps the children of Haiti. A little donation will go a long way!



"Share with God's people who are in need..." Romans 12:13




Photobucket

No comments: