Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22

March 22 is a somewhat significant date to me. Five years ago on March 22, 2005, Heath and I bought our first home. We were about to get married and Heath had just sold his "bachelor pad." I was living in an apartment in Nashville, but we had decided to buy this beautiful house in Lebanon. I was scared to death at the time, as this was my first "big girl" purchase (well, besides for my car). And both of our names were on the mortgage, which made our impending marriage seem so much more real. I have never signed so many papers at once in my life. I was certain that somewhere in there, I had just signed away my firstborn (luckily, we still have him:). We loved our house from the moment we moved in, but I love it even more now, as the two empty "guest rooms" now look like this:



and this:

Three years ago on March 22, 2007, I probably had the most anxious day of my life. Anxious because I was 38 weeks pregnant, and due to my high BP, my doctor had me scheduled to be induced the next day at 5 a.m. I had no idea what was going to happen (well, I knew, but I think it is hard to comprehend until you actually go through it). I just knew that we were going to leave as a couple and come home as a family of three. Here I am on 3/22/07...scared to death:

On March 22, 2008, my best friend in the entire world, Casey Mac, got married in Charleston, SC. I am so glad that I go to go be a part of her big day. It was gorgeous and so much fun! She now lives in Connecticut, but I swear we can always pick up right where we left off no matter how long it has been since we have seen each other! Happy 2nd Anniversary Casey and Jason!

This is Casey (seriously, isn't she a beautiful bride???) and her two brothers, Drew and Billy


Cade had fun at her wedding, too!

Tonight will be another March 22 milestone...Cade starts his first "big boy" swim lessons! The kind where they like for the parents to leave. Updates on that later!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristin said...

WOW! Let me know how that goes! Is it at Jimmy Floyd?