Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Zoo!

We got our zoo membership this year, so Pam and I took the kids a couple of Fridays ago. This is the first time Emmy has been, and the first time Cade has been in a while. They both LOVED it. We packed our lunches and ended up staying almost four hours! We were all worn out, but had a great time- I forsee many zoo trips this year!

Looking for the elephants


Flamingos



Cade's interpretation of a flamingo:)




Cade was our tour guide and kept his zoo map handy!



This meerkat liked looking at Cade and Pam as much as they liked looking at him!








Little meerkat



Giraffes



Elephants (or efants as Emmy says)







Miss Sassypants



The Jungle Gym- a big hit!









All worn out!





























1 comment:

Kendra Edwards said...

You guys should come and check out the Memphis Zoo. They continue to add and renovate it. It's worth the drive for the Grizzly bears, sea lions and to watch the polar bears swim. There are pandas too but they just sit around inside their glass house eating constantly, showing their fat bellies to everyone and not caring that their fur is shades of beige and brown where it should be white. I say if they get out more they can get in the little watering lake and get clean but they are too lazy I guess. Can you tell I have strong feelings about this? Call me if you come and I'll meet you there. I don't have kids but I have a zoo membership because I love it so much.