Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Growing and growing...

It is hard to believe that this time last year, I was just in the beginning of my third trimester, starting to get anxious about Cade's arrival. Oh what a difference a year makes! Now that Cade is finally well, he is really making up for lost time! Last Friday, he was sitting in the floor and started clapping out of the blue (maybe it does not sound like much, but when your baby does it for the first time, it is the cutest thing EVER!)
Our next milestone has been pulling up. I went in his room the other day to find him standing in his crib. He also started using his push walker and loves to go back and forth from me to Heath and back.
Finally, I noticed today that one of his top teeth finally broke through. And the one next to it is at the top of the gums.
Oh- we did have one other first. I got paged out of my Sunday school class for the first time on Sunday. I actually kept Cade with me the whole time during church (which is not very usual- most of the time he is too loud and squirmy). When I left him in the nursery, he was crawling around and playing. Apparently, about five minutes later, Cade noticed that another baby's mom came to get him, which made Cade think "Where is my Mama?" Needless to say, I barely got out in the hallway before I could hear him screaming (not so much a cry-a mad scream.) Of course, he was also tired, so after some rocking, he fell asleep. Oh well, better luck next week!

"Look Mom! I'm standing!"

At his Leap Frog learning table


Last but not least...Why you should never play AIRPLANE with a baby that has just eaten dinner:



You would think a Mama would know better. At least Cade and Heath found it funny:)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the horsey outfit. top pic is my favorite EVER! love, AUNT "B"

lyla said...

i am laughing out loud right now at the throw-up in your hair! jon did that with lilly at my parents' house--only their couch was the recipient of the mess. such cute pictures! he is so cute and getting so grown up looking!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have your hands full (and a hair full!) with Cade. Your blog is cute. I'm excited to see where I will be in a year... it looks like a year later being a mama is suiting you well! Congrats! (And I did buy a another pair of maternity pants this weekend)

Talia

Lindsey said...

hahaha i am laughing out loud right now! you always wonder if that is going to happen when you lift them up but i am sorry you were the one who had to prove to me that it was true :) no more airplane kelly ha!

Brandi said...

hahaha...Sorry it had to be you!! I bet Heath got a good laugh...just as any MAN would!! Cade is getting sooo big and looks just like you!!

Lindsey said...

pics are ready for your viewing :)

chesley said...

That throw up picture is hilarious. I can't believe you left it on there long enough to grab the camera! Cade is so cute!