Friday, May 16, 2008

Hangin' Tough...

Is anyone else as excited about the NKOTB reunion as I am? After I saw this clip on the Today show, I remembered just exactly how much I loooooved the New Kids back in the day (although they are all over 30 now, so can the really even be considered "kids?") Circa 1992, I am talking about a TWO concerts, a t-shirt, a wall full of posters from Teen Beat magazine, bed sheets (that's right, bed sheets!) kind of obsession with the New Kids. Apparently, I am not the only one. Matt Lauer said that today's performances drew one of the biggest crowds they have ever see on the plaza, even in the pouring rain. I have attached the video below for all of you old school fans to enjoy in case you missed it:). Unfortunately, their reunion tour is not coming to Nashville. Maybe next time...

7 comments:

lyla said...

you are hilarious! i'm sad to say, i never was a NKOTB fan. i can just see you with your new kids' sheets :)

Owings Family said...

I think I may have been with you at one of those concerts! :)

Allison said...

I know for a fact Amanda, Casey, and I were with you at one of those concerts! I think my mom has pics to prove it - I was a fan of Jon and Casey liked Joey - who was your fave?

Anonymous said...

I can not believe you have desecrated our son’s blog with a new kids on the block video clip. People log on to see pictures of our child and then get a clip of a 40 year old boy band. NICE!

The Clifton Family said...

I'll take up for you, too, I was in fact, a NKOTB fan as well. I was a little more "in the closet" though! Ha ha. You can blog about whatever you want!

The Ralph's said...

Ok I know that I was with you on at least one of those NKOTB concerts if not both of them!! =) I was a big fan back then and I saw the Today show and thought they sounded awful!! I think they should have left their legacy alone; they need to dramatically improve their voices. I dont know there might be enough crazy fans out there to support them anyway. =)

Anonymous said...

They are coming to OMAHA! I have tried to win tickets every morning...ask Bev about our NKOTB experience!

LOVE IT!