Tuesday, November 18, 2008

MIA...


Cade's "Silly Face"
Sorry for the recent lack of posts! The last couple of weeks have been a little crazy. First, Cade had a cold that I did not think we were going to be able to get rid of (nothing too major, just a runny nose and cough that I thought would never end!). I even caught a little of the cold myself, although luckily the duration of mine was only a couple of days. Then last Friday, we packed up and headed with the Thorne family for a super extended weekend to Gatlinburg (a yearly tradition that we always look forward to). We had a great time, and I will post pictures as soon as I can from the trip.
As far as baby #2 goes, I think that I am finally turning a good corner **knocking on wood** as I am finally able to eat a whole meal at a time, and I do not have the all day long nausea that I had been experiencing for the past 5.5 weeks. Hopefully, I will not need anymore Zofran, Preggie Pops, saltines, gingerale, etc. for a while. I guess only time will tell. Being sick like this is something new to me, as I felt great the whole time I was pregnant with Cade. My doctor said that could be a big indicator of a girl, but I guess we will find out for sure in January!:)
On a final note, Cade wanted to say that he is very proud of his Pa's football team, the Kingston Yellow Jackets, as they just ended their 2008 season in an overtime playoff game. Way to go, Pa!




Photobucket

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Im glad you two are feeling better!! I too have been having lots Nausea but just toward the afternoon hours and into the night this time around (no throwing up though..thank goodness!), something I too, like you, are not use to...with Brylee I felt great all the time with lots of energy! Maybe in my case its a sign of a Boy! :) Good luck with everything! And congrats to you guys again!

lyla said...

glad to hear you are feeling better!!! we missed you!

Owings Family said...

Funny! As I ready Brandi's post I had Brandi Clifton in my mind and was thinking... OMG, not another one!! :) HA! Just wait until 2nd trimester and the holidays! It will FLY by!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are both are feeling better! Hope the family trip went well... I can't wait to see you all in about 6 weeks! The countdown is on!
Love and miss you ,
Lacy

The Clifton Family said...

Don't let them tell you that you are having a girl because you are sick. I was so sick with Ethan I had to get IV fluids, but he was still a boy (which I was thrilled about), but you know what I mean. I am glad you are feeling better, too. Zofran was my best friend for almost 12 weeks! Can't wait to see what baby #2 is!

Ha ha.. Amanda. Shoot me if that happens, okay? =c)