Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Big Boy Bed!

I have been wanting to post this for a week, but Cade has been sick (again- early pneumonia this time- hurry up Spring!). My project for the winter was to get Cade moved into his new room and big boy bed. Yes, we will need the crib for Baby Girl, but more than that, Cade truly HATED his crib. He is a big time mover in his sleep, and would wake himself up every hour or so wanting to come to "Mommy's bed." Needless to say, this was exhausting for us all, and I was hoping that if he had his own, cool big bed that he may be more comfy. Instead of buying another bed, we just let him use our old bedroom set. We are halfway through the second week, and so far the transition has been pretty smooth. The first night, he slept until 5:30 without waking himself up (huge deal for him). We made a really big deal beforehand about his new big boy room and his "big truck bed," as he calls it- and he looooves big trucks. Now, he actually asks to go to bed instead of wanting to be rocked (another one of my goals with another baby coming). He likes to listen to music while he goes to sleep and does need Mommy or Daddy to lay with him. But the best thing is that if he wakes during the night, he may want one of us to come lay with him for a minute, but he does not ask to come to our room (YES!). The only major obstacle we have had so far is that he got really sick a few days after the transition, so we did have a few rough nights, but all in all, it has been good. I can't believe how big our little guy is getting! Next project: "Pinking" out the nursery!



"I love my new room!"
"Big Truck Bed!"

New room- there is actually another rail that lifts up on the other side as well.


A gift I got at one of his baby showers that matches perfectly- thanks Cyndy Wade!

Poster I found from the "Cowboy Show" that Heath's fraternity did in college. The picture was actually taken at the Thorne farm, and Heath is on the horse in the middle. It doesn't necessarily go with our truck motif, but I thought it was cool, and Cade loves it!


PBK Chair and his duck dog!


Wall art from Carrie at Ella Minnow Pea (so cute!), and repainted letters from his nursery



From Nana and Pa- also found at Ella Minnow Pea- for his school projects.










16 comments:

Lindsey said...

what a CUTE room kelly! love all the color and the big boy bed too :) i need some of those name blocks for Griffin.. what a neat gift! now i cant wait to see what you come up with for your little girl too!

Courtney said...

Looks so cute! We are about to do the big transition too! I just ordered Will's new bedding and the nursery bedding last night...so much to do! Where did you find your rails? Do they work well? Got to get some of those! I remember that Cowboy Show poster...I was in it that year - lots of fun! Everything looks great and I am so glad he is transitioning sooooo well!

Ellis Island said...

the room is so sweet! You are ever the design insipiration to us all... pinking the nursery sounds like loads of fun! Enjoy!

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

I just love that little Cade. What a great room! I told Wendy and Brad over dinner on Saturday when they told me about this, that I have NEVER even had a Queen sized bed :) Good for Cade!

Kelly said...

Courtney,
We got the rails at Babies R Us. They were the extra lon, extra tall set (since the bed is so big). So far, they work really well!

Kelly said...

Jenn,
Cade said you can come share his queen size:) It was used by default to save us from buying yet another bed!

Brandi said...

Super Cute Big Boy Room Mr.Cade! :) Carrie does such a great job and has such neat one of a kind stuff in her store! I have a Magnet Board just like Cades (well, black) in my Kitchen!! Works GREAT for Brylee's Art work too! :) Hope he gets to feeling better real soon!

carrie helle curry said...

love, love, love the new room! it turned out super cute! thanks for the shout out:)
anxiously awaiting the pink nursery pics!!

Kristin said...

Love the room! It's official-he's a big boy! We have decided to just move to FL where its warmer and not as much sickness! HAHA Glad he's feeling better!

ANGIE said...

Awe! Cade is such a big boy now! He will be the best big brother ever! I am so proud of him. Love to ya'll-Angie

Stephanie Sabbe said...

cute cute. I gave you a shout out on my blog:)

lyla said...

love the bedding and the new big boy bed--so cute! his room looks adorable! i remember that poster :) all those outlaw boys!

Rebecca said...

Awww... I love his big boy room! It'll be another year or so before Micah is ready for that, but I'm already excited to decorate another room.

Can't wait to see Miss Thorne's room. I'm sure it'll be adorable!

chesley said...

I don't know how I missed this post last week, but his room his precious!

~ Kaybe ~ said...

i LOVE cade's new room! and u know what's funny? it made me think about how when my brother was little and he loved playing with his "trucks" except he kept getting his "tr" sound mixed up with the "fu" sound?! that was hilarious! considering he is almost a senior now he would probably kill me if he knew i was talking about that!!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I just realized L M N O P

I MUST BE SENILE

CUTE IDEA FOR THE SHOP NAME.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU,
HEATH AND CADE...


HUGS AND KISSES

G-JO