Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Cade had his first official Valentine's Day party at Mother's Day Out yesterday. For his Valentine exchange, I decided to make some cookies (toddler friendly, of course- no nuts or milk!). I was inspired by a recipe that my friend Stephanie used to make some cookies for a baby shower. They reminded me of something you would get from the Cookie Bouquet, complete with shiny, hard icing (which makes for easy transport!). Cade wasn't really into the cookie making, so I used him as my quality assurance department:). I thought they turned out really well, although next time, I am going to get some better decorating tools so I can add some piping. Cade had a great time at his party, and brought home a bag full of treats and a heart shaped balloon.
I think for actual Valentine's Day, we are going to just hang out at home and get some stuff done. I have ingredients to make some of our favorite recipes...I guess I need to enjoy my last year of being the only princess in the house! I hope everyone has a great holiday filled with lots of love!


Cooling the cookies
Letting the icing set

All bagged up and ready to go


Cade's "big truck" Valentine's cards that Pam found for him- so cute!

Testing the finished product...

...and one more bite just to make sure !

When I picked Cade up from school, he was standing there ready to go with his balloon in hand. It was all I could do to get him to let go long enough to buckle him in. He was so happy about his new balloon- you would think he won the lottery! You will notice that he is at home and still holding the balloon. I had to hide it last night to get him in bed.



Also, Happy Birthday to one of my oldest, dearest friends, Kaybe Slaven!





5 comments:

lyla said...

that picture with the balloon is the funniest thing. so cute! you made me want cookies. maybe one day i'll return your platter that is still in my car (how embarrassing) and you can use it for cookies!

~ Kaybe ~ said...

thanks for the birthday wish!!! your cookies look fabulous! love ya!

Jamie said...

The cookies were great according to Trevor he gobbled it up!!! Trevor had a fit when the balloon finally died...Who knew a balloon could be so fun!!!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I love you doing the Martha thing. And I love your new blog layout...it's like a cute little package.

Anonymous said...

he is rocking the chucks...love it!

Love and miss yall,
Lacy