Friday, May 1, 2009

FNL

In honor of it being Friday, I thought I would blog about one of mine and Heath's absolute favorite tv shows. It has only been on for a few seasons, but we are addicted! It is called Friday Night Lights, and it is all about a small town that is obsessed with high school football (I wonder why I like it:) The show is actually set in Dillon, TX, and as you can imagine, nearly every episode has at least some football game highlights and lots of drama. If you haven't seen it yet, I think all seasons are on DVD, and hopefully season 4 will start up in the fall. Better yet, who wouldn't like a show where the coach looks like this:


Coach Eric Taylor (Dad I am sure you are a very close second!)
And who can forget the players:
Tim Riggins #33- my favorite! (I decided that it is okay to think this HS player is a cutie, since in real life he is only a year younger than me...in fact, I wonder if I will get cast anytime soon to be on the FNL cheerleading squad???)


In honor of our obsession, our dear friends Scott and Kristy (who coincidentally live in Texas and are also big show fans) sent this to Mr. Cade for his birthday. He calls it his Tim Riggins shirt:

Dillon Panthers

Future Tim Riggins

Touchdown Panthers!!!







4 comments:

lyla said...

that is too cute. i have never seen that show--i can't let myself get into anymore tv shows. i do know a ton of people who are really into it. cade looks so cute and ALL boy.

Angie said...

Very sweet. I love the first pic. of him in the t-shirt...he looks like he has a mohawk!! :-)

Jessica Lewis said...

oh my gosh, it's like you took the words right out of my mouth... i'm obsessed with that show AND tim riggins!!!! ahh... great post. miss you. hope all is well :)

Anonymous said...

HOW COOL! I really like that show as well...it is a good one. Love the tee and I can't wait to see see you all soon!
Love yall,
Lacy